Banned for "griefing" - Finnick

If you wish to appeal a ban, please do so through here.
Finnick

Banned for "griefing" - Finnick

Post by Finnick » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:33 am

Steam Profile - https://steamcommunity.com/id/finnickiam/
Server ip - 185.44.76.18:27165
Banned by - FabulousCookie1
Reason - griefing

I was playing late at night and was talking a lot in a stupid way, just for fun with some other guys, and this admin joined and silenced me immediately. No warning whatsoever. I knifed her twice to try and get her attention, and she said she'd ban me if I knifed her again. I was only knifing, not blocking her or anything. I did it again as soon as we spawned and were running to the bombsite, and shot her in the head once on spawn too, so it doesn't affect her gameplay whatsoever, it wasn't griefing. She said "Cya Finnick" in a really cocky, giggly voice and I was banned. If I was verbally warned first I'd understand, I would've stopped, but she didn't. I think I'm right in saying that isn't how admins should behave.

FabulousCookie1

Re: Banned for "griefing" - Finnick

Post by FabulousCookie1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:25 pm

Yeah so if you remember correctly you were being toxic in every round after you died you were mocking the people who were continuing to play, I silenced you and you knifed me I told you if you continued I would kick you from the server you then did it again the next round and shot me I told you if you continued to team attack me I would ban you and then you started shooting me, please explain where I was wrong?

Finnick

Post by Finnick » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:39 pm

And this is the problem. I wasn't actually being toxic, I was joking and mucking around. You joined after I had been playing on the servers for a long time that evening, me and other people who had left before me had been doing the same thing. But you join and with no context and with no verbal warning you silence me. I was knifing because there was no explanation and I was trying to get your attention. And knifing you in the ways I did does not constitute as griefing, which is the reason I was banned, because I did not hinder your gameplay, I was not blocking or anything.

I don't expect you to think the joke was funny, it was at night and sometimes you get in the weird tired mood where stupid things become funny, but I still expect an admin to behave professionally, and not taunt me as you ban me like you did.

I'd also expect someone other than the admin who banned me to respond, because of course you're going to back yourself up.

So you were wrong in the fact that you didn't warn me first before silencing me, since I would've stopped if asked, and you were also wrong to ban me for "griefing" when I didn't grief you.

Finnick

Post by Finnick » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:46 pm

No reply? That's real nice of you.

FabulousCookie1

Post by FabulousCookie1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:35 pm

I haven't been available to reply sorry, you think it was of my own accord that I banned you? If you had read the chat you would see the countless people who were pissed off with your toxicity I had 2 people message me instantly when I joined that server saying that you were incredibly toxic and could I do anything about it so yeah you were muted I told you when I silenced you why you were silenced then you knife me and continue to team attack me after I had told you that I would ban you if you continued and what did you do you started shooting instead, nice definitely not griefing at all.

FabulousCookie1

Post by FabulousCookie1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:36 pm

Also before you leave a passive aggressive comment remember I have an actual life and do things besides this

Finnick

Post by Finnick » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:33 pm

I read the chat after I was muted, because originally I was not told by you why I was banned, and saw none of what you described. "Countless people"? You probably saw 1-2 people max, don't lie. I started to knife you and only then did you tell me why I was banned, initially there was no warning or explanation. I had been on the server for at least 2 hours longer than anyone on the server at the time. I had been doing this with other people who had even been joining in all evening. And the one who laughed as she banned me has the cheek to talk about toxicity.
I have already explained how knifing in the manner which I did is not griefing, it did not impact your ability to play the game. If you wanted, you could've just banned me for admin disrespect or something, but you didn't. I put this up here not because I was concerned about my short ban on servers I infrequently play on, but because you're a bad admin, and this should be highlighted to another admin. And instead I get you covering your tracks. If you take someone to court, they aren't the judge. But whatever, I don't care anymore, so you don't have to reply again, I won't read it. You keep living you apprantely eventful life. Just get better at being an admin while you're at it.